Green Deal Latest News
Knauf Insulation has created an infographic to represent the low uptake figures of Green Deal.
Download PDF of Green Deal Poor Uptake Infographic
You can also view a High Res version of the infographic on our Visual.ly page.
Knauf Insulation Links
(please note, we cannot take responsibility for the content of any 3rd party web site)
- 13 October 2013: thesundaytimes.co.uk: Green loans cost £34,000 per home
- 10 October 2013: bdonline.co.uk: Architects turned off by Green Deal, Raynsford says
- 9 October 2013: nytimes.co.uk: Setbacks tarnish program to refit British homes
- 25 September 2013: Building.co.uk: Labour warned against 'tearing up' Green Deal
- 9 September 2013: Building.co.uk: Fury at regulator's plan to wrap retrofit work in red tape
- 19 August 2013: Building.co.uk: Government spends £450k per Green Deal plan
- 8 July 2013: guardian.co.uk: Energy-efficient home owners should pay less council tax, says campaigners
- 2 July 2013: cnplus.co.uk: Green Deal assessments lag in regions most in need
- 1 July 2013: building.co.uk: Green Deal overly focused on boilers
- 25 June 2013: independent.co.uk: Government's green deal branded a failure as fewer than ten UK homes take out loans offered
- 17 June 2013: gov.uk: Energy saving measures boost house prices
- 12 June 2013: Building.co.uk: 'Fewer than 200' Green Deals signed
- 3 June 2013: businessgreen.com: Green Deal provider Enact goes bust
- 22 May 2013: e2bpulse.com: Committee queries lack of clarity over Green Deal objectives
- 19 May 2013: guardian.co.uk: Green Deal debt may have to be repaid before property sold
- 11 April 2013: businessgreen.com: Breaking: Green Deal gathers pace after 7,400 assessments lodged in second month
- 13 March 2013: greenwisebusiness.co.uk: GIB signs £244m Green Deal funding package with GDFC
- 12 March 2013: buildersmerchantsnews.co.uk: Government to advertise Green Deal
- 18 February 2013: localgov.co.uk: Is the Green Deal a true solution?
- 14 February 2013: greenwisebusiness.co.uk: Nationwide launches product to rival Green Deal finance
- 14 February 2013: hvnplus.co.uk: Concerns raised over cost to register for the Green Deal
- 9 February 2013: neurope.eu: UK Green Deal approved by the Commission
- 29 January 2013: bbc.co.uk: 'Energy efficiency' Green Deal launched by governement
- 28 January 2013: businessgreen.com: Green Deal is a good deal, but it could have been a great deal
- 28 January 2013: gov.uk: Hate rising energy costs? Green Deal with it
- 15 January 2013: cnplus.co.uk: Department of Energy and Climate Change removes cap on Green Deal household cashback
- 14 January 2013: businessgreen.com: Green Deal early adopters in line for over £1,000 cashback
- 7 January 2013: guardian.co.uk: Green Deal's upfront fees 'put people off upgrading homes'
- 4 January 2013: insidehousing.co.uk: Government denies rasing stakes in Green Deal row
- 4 January 2013: Building.co.uk: Insulation industry "loses 800 jobs" from Green Deal delay
- 21 Dec 2012: thegeendealhub.co.uk: Start saving on your energy bills before the Green Deal launch
- 18 Dec 2012: decc.gov.uk: Edward Davey speech to the Fair Energy Summit 2012
- 13 Dec 2012: thegreendealhub.co.uk: YOU can choose your Accredited Green Deal Installers & Providers
- 11 Dec 2012: decc.gov.uk: Energy Bill
- 11 Dec 2012: greenwisebusiness.co.uk: "Costs of deep retrofit still too high to be covered by Green Deal"
- 11 Dec 2012: businessgreen.com: "UK set to defend Green Deal tax break from EU threat"
- 11 Dec 2012: Energyefficiencynews.com: "UK Green Deal move forward, but public not aware of scheme"
- 29 Jun 2012: Building.co.uk: "We need a bridge to stop insulation work collapse before Green Deal - by John Sinfield"
- 24 Jun 2012: Express.co.uk - "Homeowners snub £14 billion energy deal"
- 24 Jun 2012: Low Carbon Kid's view on how Green Deal could be a lame duck
- 22 Jun 2012: Paystream.co.uk on the Green Investment Bank
- 22 Jun 2012: NNMBS on sustainability and the Green Deal
- 22 Jun 2012: BMJ - "Green Deal rug pulled from under it by Euro meddlers"
- 11 Jun 2012: Guardian Online - "Green deal would see home insulation rate plummet"
- 18 May 2012: Building.co.uk - "Government looks at extending existing schemes to prevent plunge in insulation installations"
- 09 Feb 2012: Building.co.uk - " 'Shocking' lack of research on Green Deal claims"
- 09 Feb 2012: Guardian Online - "Higher energy bills for majority by 2020 despite government reassurances"
- 07 Feb 2012: Guardian Online - "Leaping UK carbon emissions deliver two red-hot lessons"
- 23 Jan 2012: Building.co.uk - "Barker pledges to boost Green Deal incentives"
- 19 Jan 2012: Building.co.uk - "Green Deal could kill insulation industry ‘overnight’"
- 18 Jan 2012: RIBA Architecture.com - "RIBA concern for flagship Green Deal"
- 18 Jan 2012: CBI - "Green Deal is an opportunity, but challenges remain"
- 18 Jan 2012: UK Association for the Conservation of Energy (UKACE) - "Green Deal and ECO Consultation"
- 17 Jan 2012: BusinessGreen - "Greg Barker: Preparing for the Green Deal"
- 17 Jan 2012: Channel 4 News - "Green Deal could hit UK climate change targets"
- 17 Jan 2012: DIY Week - "Loft insulation work to plummet by 93%"
- 17 Jan 2012: Federation of Master Builders (FMB) - "Green Deal Needs a Radical Boost to Succeed, warns FMB"
- 13 Jan 2012: The Guardian - "The green deal is a useless, middle-class subsidy"
- 13 Jan 2012: BBC News story - "Green Deal 'means 1.5m homes lose insulation subsidy' "
- 16 Dec 2011: Carbon Commentary - "Government’s own figures show the Green Deal will be far less effective than existing energy efficiency measures"
- 12 Dec 2011: Carbon Commentary - "The Green Deal: failure is almost guaranteed"
- 03 Dec 2011: This is MONEY.co.uk - "Thousands of jobs at risk as the Government's 'Green Deal' stops most subsidies for insulating lofts"
- 26 Nov 2011: Independent Online - "Fuel-efficiency scheme may hit homeowners"
The paper "The Green Deal and the Energy Company Obligation – will it work?" (Jan Rosenow and Nick Eyre Oxford University, Environmental Chan ge Institute) highlights the Government's changing energy efficiency ambitions perfectly with the below chart:
Download the full paper at
A fall in loft and cavity wall insulation installations across the UK has been forecast under the Green Deal by the government's own figures.
According to data revealed by construction publication Building.co.uk from the Department of Energy and Climate Change, the level of loft insulation installation work being carried out under the Green Deal is forecast to be 93 per cent lower than under the present system.