ThermoShell - Solid Wall Insulation
Tackling the problem of solid wall insulation, ThermoShell Internal and External Wall Insulation offers solutions for upgrading the thermal performance of existing solid walls.
Many older properties have external walls that are either unsuitable for cavity wall insulation (often because the cavity is too small) or have no cavity to insulate (solid walls). The so called "hard to treat" walls still require insulating to reduce heat loss, and the ThermoShell system provides the solution.
ThermoShell External wall insulation provides a high level of thermal performance to the external shell of the property. Available with rock mineral wool or expanded polystyrene insulants, ThermoShell EWI allows you to upgrade the thermal performance of the property with little disruption to the interior.
Benefits over Internal Wall Insulation
- Externally insulated, so no disruption to occupants
- Meets current as well as anticipated future thermal regulations
- Breatheable rock systems allow for the removal of water vapour
- Durable and designed for the lifetime of the building
- Prolongs building life
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Low maintenance
- Extensive range of finishes and colours
Find out more about the ThermoShell External Wall Insulation (EWI) System...
ThermoShell Internal Wall Insulation insulates your "hard to treat" or solid external walls from the inside of the property, meaning you can improve the thermal performance without affecting its appearance.
Benefits over External Wall Insulation
- IWI costs less to install than external insulation
- IWI is easier to maintain than external insulation
- No scaffolding is required
- The external appearance of the building is maintained so it can be installed in conservation areas
- Materials are readily available
- It can be installed on a room-by-room, single façade or whole house basis, as part of a full refurbishment plan
- Installation is not delayed by bad weather
Find out more about the ThermoShell Internal Wall Insulation (IWI) System...
The best of both worlds...
Knauf Insulation is the only company that can offer a Hybrid System Solution for your property by incorporating both ThermoShell External and Internal Wall Insulation systems.
Many existing properties may not be suitable for the use of the EWI system on the front elevations due to planning constraints or public right of way encroachment.
However, the rear elevations quite often do not have the same constraints. Also, kitchens and bathrooms are often at the rear of a property and these rooms are more suited to EWI (no need to rip out exting kitchen or bathroom fixtures).
The ThermoShell systems are part of Knauf Insulation’s ‘Whole House Approach’ to energy efficiency, ensuring that you always get the best advice for any property.
Press Release on ThermoShell Hybrid Solutions