At Knauf Insulation we are continually enhancing the features of our packaging to provide advantages for our distributors and installer customers, and also to reduce our ‘carbon footprint’ as part of our Sustainability Strategy.
We have a proven track record for innovation in environmentally responsible packaging which includes:
- 2003: Introduction of a new generation compression technology to increase the volume of glasswool leading to the reduction is customer transport and warehouse costs
- 2004: Introduction of single layer plastic (Durapak) for rolls to replace multiple layer paper packaging around insulation rolls placed inside plastic bags and tied with metal clips
- 2004: Introduction of Supakube packaging (i.e. up to 32 rolls in ‘unitised’ packaging) to enable faster loading and unloading with a forklift. The durability of the Supakube packaging also enabled our product to be stored outside to reduce warehousing costs
- 2005: Introduction of packaging using recycled plastic
- 2006: Introduction of recycling scheme for wooden pallets
- 2007: Introduction of colour coded plastic and stickers for easier identification when loading
- 2009: Introduction of ECOSE® Technology and transparent Durapak and Supakube packaging to remove artificial colours from our product and packaging.
Knauf Insulation's new glass and rock mineral wool products made using ECOSE Technology don't look or feel like any insulation you've ever experienced. Naturally brown in colour, Knauf Insulation glass and rock mineral wool with ECOSE Technology has set a new benchmark for quality and sustainability while providing a ‘super-soft’ feel never before achieved.
Combined with the brown colour and new 'super soft' feel, is the same reliable thermal and acoustic performance you have come to expect from mineral wool. Importantly, Knauf Insulation glass and rock mineral wool with ECOSE Technology do not contain added colours or formaldehyde, resulting in environmental credentials above even sheep's wool and are as good as traditional mineral wool insulation - only better.
With the introduction of ECOSE Technology being such an important milestone for enhancing insulation sustainability, in May 2009 Knauf Insulation also made the decision to significantly reduce the use of dyes in packaging. This resulted in transparent packaging which highlights the more natural appearance of our new generation mineral wool with ECOSE Technology. If exposed to direct sunlight, the colour of our products may slightly fade, however, the high performance of our products remains unaffected.
The combination of ECOSE Technology and our new packaging technology demonstrate our commitment to sustainable manufacturing and the benefits are represented by the natural colour of our insulation. For more information email email@example.com
Read more about our sustainability commitments: