We are seeking a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join our Engineering Deparment, St Helens Plant. The purpose of the role is to maximise availability of plant equipment through effective preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Equipment Efficiencies - To maintain the plant by performing planned preventative and predictive maintenance tasks and efficient response to plant breakdowns.
- Safety & Compliance - Comply with the Company’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and Procedures so that a safe and secure environment is maintained.
- Continuous Improvement - Active engagement in plant CI activities.
- Knauf Values – Actively demonstrate the values in day to day life.
- Achieving the required plant availability while adhering to compliant standards in health and safety.
- Maintaining composure under the pressures and frustrations inherent in a fast moving ‘output’ focused environment.
- Balancing judgement between short-term remedial action and long-term resolution of root causes.
- Trying to move the culture and mind-set from one of “We have always done it this way….” to one where individuals are keen to learn and apply new diagnostics and methods.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Time served multi skilled engineer ideally with ONC qualification in a Technical discipline or suitable knowledge through experience.
- Flexible in terms of break times to suit the needs of the business.
- Able to manage own time.
- Willing to develop skills when given the opportunity to do so.
- Strong communication skills.
- Adopt a “can do / will do my best” attitude
- Flexible to carry out any task as requested within their capability (training, competence)
- Data driven & Result focused.
- Proactive mind-set and good planning skills.
- Experience of working in a continuous process environment.
- Proficient in use of SAPPM system and other computer operated systems.
- Clear demonstration of the Company values.
Should you wish to apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Does this job appeal to you?
Apply for this job
Apply for this job