An opportunity has arisen for a Production Manager at our Cwmbran plant. This role will report to the Plant Manager.
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership for the site’s production facility with a “one team, one vision” approach, ensuring the business achieves best utilisation of all production resources in a working environment where behaviours are underpinned by the Knauf Values. Role purpose is undertaken as part of site’s Management Team, utilising all sources of functional expertise.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Leadership - Provide leadership in the production function to ensure process leadership and shift team leadership work together to exceed in all applicable functional and business targets. When required, extend this leadership beyond the production function in the pursuit of excellence.
- Personnel Performance Management - Ensure all direct and indirect reports are engaged in skills development in terms of process skills, problem solving skills and Knauf Values based behavioural development. When necessary engage with HR function, either directly or indirectly via shift team leadership, to ensure all employees fulfil both the spirit and the letter of their contractual obligations.
- Process Performance Management - Maintain a close relationship with all site functions, either directly or indirectly via process leadership, to ensure all process equipment is capable and resourced to deliver.
- Recruitment - Involvement in all recruitment into the production function, ensuring the Cwmbran site has a pool of personnel capable of meeting the future challenges in the business.
- Functional Representation - Provide functional representation in on-site meetings for HSSE development, Knauf Values development, Management - Trades Union relations, etc., together with external Knauf networking meetings.
- Continuous Improvement - Provide leadership, in terms of the site’s production function and the site’s management team, in the drive for an environment of sustainable improvement utilising best practice Continuous Improvement tools and techniques
The candidate must have substantial experience of a continuous process plant operation, with a tangible reference to process improvement and utilising people engagement, made during that period.
They must also have that ability to demonstrate a leadership and communication style which is motivating and engaging to both individuals and teams.
A passion for Continuous Improvement is a must, as well as experience in applying Performance Management processes. Ideally NEBOSH / IOSH trained, and SAP experience would be an advantage.
To request a full role profile or to apply please send your CV and covering letter to Samantha.email@example.com
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Legal and General DC Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
Apply for this job