Shift Control Engineer
Knauf Insulation are seeking a Control Engineer, working on a 5 set shift pattern within our Engineering Department, St Helens. The purpose of the role is to maximise availability of the plant and processes ensuring they operate effectively, efficiently and safely with a behavioural commitment to the Company values.
- Equipment Failures - Carry out effective, efficient fault finding and problem resolution to root cause where possible on a wide range of complex systems in a continuous process environment so that they maintain the plant to deliver the target operating efficiencies.
- System Owners - As a system owner you would be the lead for your area to ensure documentation is available and up to date and a routine software backup/comparison is completed and stored correctly. In addition you would be the key contact point for any projects or modifications in your area. This doesn’t mean you are solely responsible for actions but you should champion the area and ensure accurate documentation and software is available for the team.
- Safety & Compliance - Apply, and ensure compliance, with the Company’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and Procedures so that a safe and secure environment is maintained.
- Budget Control - To support the Engineering group by following all financial control procedures so that the Engineering Team has an accurate and up to date picture of current spend vs. budget.
- Continuous Improvement – Actively engaging in plant CI activities.
- Physical Infrastructure - Support the Engineering Manager in keeping the Site, buildings and fabric, physical infrastructure and Manufacturing and Assembly assets and equipment, in a well maintained and safe condition by reporting issues and carrying out remedial repairs where possible.
- Resource Utilisation – Ensure effective utilisation of the shift craftsman.
- Multiple breakdowns at the same time with limited resource.
- Achieving the required plant availability while adhering to compliant standards in health and safety.
- Maintaining composure under the pressures and frustrations inherent in a fast moving ‘output’ focused environment.
- Balancing judgement between short-term remedial action and long-term resolution of root causes.
- Dealing with constraints on deployment of tasks to individuals who have varying skill sets, backgrounds, experience and attitudes.
- Dealing with differing personalities within the team and adapting style to maximise effectiveness.
- Trying to move the culture and mind-sets from one of “We have always done it this way….” to one where individuals are keen to learn and apply new diagnostics and methods.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Time served multi skilled engineer ideally with HNC qualification in a Technical discipline or suitable knowledge through experience.
- A strong technical knowledge of PLC’s, Drives, Networks & Mechanics.
Should you wish to apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Does this job appeal to you?
Apply for this job
Apply for this job