Accounts Assistant 12 Month FTC
An opportunity has arisen to recruit an Accounts Assistant based at Head Office, St Helens reporting to the Financial Controller KINE. This is based on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. The purpose of the role is to provide general accounting support to the finance department across credit control, accounts payable and general finance where required in order to provide cover for staff who will be moved onto project work. Tasks will vary across accounting areas depending upon project demands.
Main accountabilities include:
- Ensure timely and efficient collection of cash from customers.
- Provide copy invoices, proof of deliveries and reconcile customer accounts.
- Investigate and progress customer claims.
- Provide other basic administrative duties within the department.
- Maintain, develop and operate a range of computer and manual administration systems in order to provide efficient departmental service and information.
- Deliver accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices, ensuring that supplier payments are scheduled to maximize supplier terms, minimize the cost of processing and ensure that VAT is correctly applied to postings.
- Achieve prompt resolution of queries arising within the AP process.
- Assist the finance department with other ad hoc duties as required which may include data analysis using SAP and excel.
- Present a professional image to external contacts and colleagues at all times.
- Ensure compliance of company policies and procedures.
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- Be aware of the Health & Safety requirements, in accordance with guidelines as set out in the Health & Safety manual.
Candidates will ideally have previous experience across various areas of accounts including credit control and accounts payable. Knowledge and experience of SAP is essential.
Candidates interested in applying for this position can request a full Role Profile from the Human Resources Department.
To apply for this position please forward your application form to email@example.com
Apply for this job