Accounts Payable Assistant 12 Month FTC
An opportunity has arisen to recruit an Accounts Payable Assistant based at Head Office, St Helens reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager KINE. This is based on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. The purpose of the role is to provide accounting support to the Accounts Payable team.
Main accountabilities include:
- To collect and distribute the post for the finance department;
- To file and maintain all records for the Accounts Payable department.
- To liaise with off-site storage locations to retrieve documents as required;
- To scan and check loaded system data for all vendor invoices on a daily basis;
- To undertake to learn the workings of SAP AP module;
- To deliver accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices checking that the VAT is correctly applied to postings.
- To assist the finance department with other ad hoc duties as required;
- To present a professional image to external contacts and colleagues at all times.
- To liaise with suppliers to deal with payment/invoice queries both by telephone and email.
- To reconcile supplier statements and request copies from suppliers where necessary
- To assist the AP Manager on departmental projects.
- To be aware of the Health & Safety requirements, in accordance with guidelines as set out in the Health & Safety manual
Candidates will ideally have previous accounts payable experience, be highly numerate with demonstrable analytical skills. Knowledge and experience of SAP is essential.
Candidates interested in applying for this position can request a full Role Profile from the Human Resources Department.
To apply for this position please forward your application form to email@example.com
Apply for this job