Cold End Packaging Process Development Engineer
Knauf Insulation is seeking a Cold End / Packaging Process Development Engineer to join the Central Team reporting to the PSD Director. The role purpose is the development of new packaging techniques and technology, as well as optimization of the existing process & products.
Key tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop the CE insulation manufacturing process to reduce costs, optimize product quality, increase throughput and improve safety.
- Play an integral part in the packaging materials supply chain.
- Lead in the development of new technologies in collaboration with colleagues from other areas of the insulation business.
- Liaise with plant employees’ at all levels to implement process controls and devise methods of assessment of the production process.
- Provide support to all plants on any CE equipment, packaging and product issues or investigations.
- Produce quarterly updates (written & presentation) detailing the developments within the CE process area.
- Investigate new methods of manufacture, apply alternative technologies where possible and consider new ways of working.
The ideal candidate will hold a physical science based degree and possess some relevant industrial experience.
Excellent problem solving / analytical skills are essential with the ability to communicate at all levels including being able to confidently present information.
Knowledge of statistical software such as Minitab / JMP would be desirable as would experience of Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing techniques.
Candidates must be able to meet deadlines, work under pressure and deal with changing priorities.
This role will involve travel both in the UK and abroad, so candidates must be willing to travel and hold a UK driving licence.
Candidates interested in applying for this position can request a full Role Profile from the HR Department and send CV applications to email@example.com
Apply for this job