Cold End Production Manager
Knauf Insulation is seeking a Cold End Production Manager to join its Queensferry Plant. The role purpose is to lead, motivate and train Shift Supervisors and Cold End Teams so that all members are developed to their full potential and contribute fully to the achievement of the production plan and wider plant objectives.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Provide and share Cold End Production / Process knowledge and technical skills with the Plant Management Team, Cold End Operatives and Shift Supervisors, ensuring decision making related to all Cold End processes is justifiable, accurate and all risks are managed, thereby maximising production time and efficiency.
- In partnership with the Production Manager and Cold End Process Leader, develop and deliver comprehensive and robust training with the Cold End, ensuring all Operatives assigned to work in that area work safely and have sufficient knowledge and skills to maintain efficiency and quality standards.
- In partnership with the Production Manager and Cold End Process Leader, review, revise and if necessary create detailed Work Instructions and Risk Assessments for all Cold End related tasks and activities, using the knowledge and skills of experienced Cold End Operatives to maximize the accuracy and impact of these documents.
- Lead and participate in Cold End CI projects, in conjunction with individual project team members, clearly communicate project outcomes so that the Cold End teams can implement and sustain dynamic process and operational changes.
- To comply with and promote all health, safety, environmental and energy requirements for the job, site and company. To challenge and report unsafe behaviour to prevent safety or environmental incidents. Ensure all Cold End operations exhibit consistent and aligned process compliance in all agreed formats, but particularly to meet required safety, environmental and energy standards.
- Manage planned & unplanned Drop shifts, Shutdowns and Downtime so that tasks are assigned, undertaken and completed in a safe, expeditious manner with attention to detail. In partnership with the Production Manager and Cold End Process Leader develop strategies to reduce the length of planned & unplanned downtime thereby maximizing production time and reducing downtime.
Candidates interested in applying for this position should request a full Role Profile and Application Form from Anna Barrett, HR Officer; firstname.lastname@example.org
Does this job appeal to you?
Apply for this job
Apply for this job