Knauf Insulation is seeking a Control Technician (Shifts) based at our Cwmbran site. The Control Technician will aim to maximise availability of the plant and processes and ensure they operate effectively, efficiently and safely in a working environment where behaviours are underpinned by the Knauf Values.
- Carry out effective, efficient fault finding and problem resolution to root cause where possible on a wide range of complex systems in a continuous process environment so that they maintain the plant to deliver the target operating efficiencies.
- Apply, and ensure compliance, with the Company’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and Procedures so that a safe and secure environment is maintained.
- To support the Engineering group by following all financial control procedures so that the Engineering Team has an accurate and up to date picture of current spend vs. budget.
- Continuous Improvement – Actively engaging in plant CI activities.
- Support the Engineering Manager in keeping the Site, buildings and fabric, physical infrastructure and Manufacturing and Assembly assets and equipment, in a well maintained and safe condition by reporting issues and carrying out remedial repairs where possible.
- Ensure effective utilisation of time by focusing on current notifications, works orders and PM routines along with the use of key predictive engineering tools (thermal imaging etc.).
Knowledge and Experience:
- Time served multi skilled engineer ideally with HNC qualification in a Technical discipline or suitable knowledge through experience. A strong technical knowledge of PLC’s, Drives, Networks & Mechanics
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrable achievements in Continuous Improvement, Change Management disciplines, tools and techniques and evident motivation to impart these to others.
- IOSH Safety Qualification (is an asset)
- Trained in HV switching (is an asset)
Candidates interested in applying for this position can request a full Role Profile and Application Form from firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job