Day Technician Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Day Technician (Mechanical) based at our Queensferry plant reporting to the Engineering Manager. The Day Technician is responsible for maximising availability of plant equipment through effective preventative and reactive maintenance on a fast moving production line.
- Safety & Compliance - Comply with the Company’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policy and Procedures so that a safe and secure environment is maintained.
- Equipment Efficiencies - To maintain the plant by performing planned preventative and predictive maintenance tasks and efficient response to plant breakdowns.
- Continuous Improvement - Active engagement in plant CI activities.
Technical skills required:
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical engineering.
- Time Served maintenance fitter, with minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Good working knowledge of Pneumatic systems.
- Good working knowledge of Hydraulic system.
- Basic welding experience.
- Supervision experience would be beneficial so you could lead a team on drop shifts and shutdowns.
- Permit issuing experience would be beneficial.
- Frequent user of SAP (although training will be provided)
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a positive, can do attitude. Candidates will form part of the wider engineering team and will be a key member of the team, being a team player is essential. Candidates must be flexible in order to carry out any task as requested within their capability (training, competence). Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
This role is for a Mechanical Technician working as part of the day team (split shifts 6-2 / 2-10). They must be capable of working independently and taking a lead in implementing repair work, and deciding when to ask for additional support.
To apply for this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A full role profile is also available upon request.
Apply for this job