Knauf Insulation is seeking 2 Multi-skilled Engineering Apprentices to join its Cwmbran site.
The purpose of the role is to develop a new generation of engineering talent to join our maintenance team to maximise availability of the plant and processes and ensure they operate effectively, efficiently and safely.
The learning provider for this apprenticeship will be Coleg Gwent, Crosskeys Campus.
At College over a 4 year period you will obtain ONC and HNC in selected engineering discipline.
The Apprentice will follow a structured in house plant specific engineering program which expose them to every area of the plant and progressively develop their skills to become a fully qualified Engineer.
Progress will be evaluated throughout the apprenticeship by external assessor to achieve the required NVQ qualifications.
Role Entry Requirements:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent (including Maths, English and Science) at C Grade or better- (achieved or are expecting to achieve)
- For the electrical apprentice you will have good colour vision.
- If you are successful Knauf Insulation will take you on board while you work towards achieving an Engineering Level 2 NVQ and a Level 3 Engineering Qualification at a local college.
- You will be responsible for travelling to and from the required place of work & education
- Willingness to get involved in all kinds of challenges from general maintenance and making modifications, along with learning with our partner provider who will support you throughout your learning journey with us.
- People who enjoy seeing how things work and proactively seek to improve their knowledge in everything they do.
- You must share our passion for achieving excellence engineering, take great pride in ensuring our plant equipment always runs efficiently and all plant assets are maintained to the highest standards.
If you require further information please contact Samantha McCormack at email@example.com
Candidates interested in applying for this position can apply direct to:
Work Based Learning Officer
Apply for this job