Hot End Production Manager
Knauf Insulation is seeking a Hot End Production Manager to join its Queensferry Plant. The role purpose is to lead, motivate and train Shift Supervisors and Hot End Teams so that all members are developed to their full potential and contribute fully to the achievement of the production plan and wider plant objectives.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Provide and share Hot End Production / Process knowledge and technical skills with the Plant Management Team, Hot End Operatives and Shift Supervisors, ensuring decision making related to all Hot End processes is justifiable, accurate and all risks are managed, thereby maximising production time and efficiency.
- In partnership with the Production Manager and Hot End Process Leader, develop and deliver comprehensive and robust training with the Hot End, ensuring all Operatives assigned to work in that area work safely and have sufficient knowledge and skills to maintain efficiency and quality standards.
- In partnership with the Production Manager and Hot End Process Leader, review, revise and if necessary create detailed Work Instructions and Risk Assessments for all Hot End related tasks and activities, using the knowledge and skills of experienced Hot End Operatives to maximize the accuracy and impact of these documents.
- Lead and participate in Hot End CI projects, in conjunction with individual project team members, clearly communicate project outcomes so that the Hot End teams can implement and sustain dynamic process and operational changes.
- To comply with and promote all health, safety, environmental and energy requirements for the job, site and company. To challenge and report unsafe behaviour to prevent safety or environmental incidents. Ensure all Hot End operations exhibit consistent and aligned process compliance in all agreed formats, but particularly to meet required safety, environmental and energy standards.
- Manage planned & unplanned Drop shifts, Shutdowns and Downtime so that tasks are assigned, undertaken and completed in a safe, expeditious manner with attention to detail. In partnership with the Production Manager and Hot End Process Leader develop strategies to reduce the length of planned & unplanned downtime thereby maximizing production time and reducing downtime
Candidates interested in applying for this position should request a full Role Profile and Application Form from Anna Barrett, HR Officer.
Does this job appeal to you?
Apply for this job
Apply for this job