Process Engineer - Glass Wool Manufacturing
An opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineer in our Process Development department, based at St Helens, reporting to the Process Manager.
The position is responsible for: the development of new techniques and technology, optimisation of the existing process & products, standardisation and best practice across all EU plants & general plant support.
Main accountabilities include:
- Develop the fiberising process to reduce manufacturing costs, improve product quality, increase throughput, or improve safety. This will involve running plant trials, the analysis and reporting of trial results and the implementation of any developments across the production plants.
- To report the performance of the key process’ across all plants using appropriate Key Performance Indicators
- Become integral to the ‘spinner’ supply chain. This will involve close liaison with refiners, casting houses, drilling team, and end user (plants).
- Support new product development through development / optimisation of key fibre properties relevant to the end application. This will involve working with internal/external customers to understand the needs required, and develop the technology/process to accommodate.
- Play a leading role in the development of new technologies in collaboration with colleagues from other areas of the insulation business
- Liaise with plant people at all levels to implement process controls and devise methods of assessment of the production process
- Provide support to all plants on any fiberising / product issues / investigations
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; produce regular technical and operational reports; briefing of colleagues; and deliver presentations to senior management or other customers
- Produce regular updates (written and presentation) detailing the developments within the fiberising process area
- In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Willingness to travel – around 20-30%
- Physical science based degree (e.g. engineering, mathematics, physics, materials science)- Excellent problem solving / analytical skills
- Ideally some experience with project management, CAD and Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Relevant industrial experience in an area of process development/optimisation
- Good oral and written communication skills, and presentation skills to others at all levels
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Ideally some knowledge of statistical software / databases
- Ability to meet deadlines / work under pressure / deal with changing priorities
To apply for this position please email email@example.com
Apply for this job