Knauf Insulation is seeking a Research Chemist to join our Ecose Department located in St Helens.
Reporting to the Ecose Development Manager, the main purpose of the role is to develop existing binder systems and identify new technologies.
In addition to working with internal Knauf Insulation customers, the role will also work closely with external customers and contractors such as intellectual property specialists.
Main Accountabilities Include:
- Development of new / improved thermoset resin technologies that will ultimately lead to sales and the generation of intellectual property for KI / Ecose.
- Conduct laboratory studies
- Arrange and support plant trials
- Record results; communicate reports including conclusions and recommendations
- Identify areas for improvement in testing procedures and identify new procedure and methods
Role Challenges Include:
- Consistent innovation of competing intellectual property ideas
- Securing continuation of customer interest.
- Understanding the economic implications of the developments
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
Expertise in Chemistry / Polymer Chemistry, PhD or Degree level plus further industrial / academic experience.
Innovative and capable of working independently and generating ideas.
Should you wish to apply for this role please email your CV to Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job