Shift Team Leader
An opportunity has arisen for the position of a Shift Team Leader at our St Helens Plant, Grade 8. The role is to support the Production Manager on a daily basis to instruct and motivate the team plant wide, helping to improve performance and efficiency; leading by example and driving the Continuous Improvement Process in all areas of the plant.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective guidance, development and motivation of the team in order to maximise output, while maintaining clear focus on HSE and quality requirements and plant standards in all forms.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities. The right candidate will have excellent communication skills and have the ability to manage several projects simultaneously. The candidate will be flexible, be able to work autonomously with the ability to identify immediate priorities and possess excellent time management skills.
- To ensure that the plant is operated, at all times, in compliance with Site standards to achieve safety, quality, and manufacturing efficiency. Maintain efficient shift handover across the entire shift team with focus on the Plant metrics.
- To lead the Shift Team and co-ordinate with the support services of Quality, Technical and Maintenance so that cohesive and consistent ways of working exist across all functions, ensuring discipline is maintained and all team members are fully occupied and challenged, re-allocating team resources in reaction to differing production demands.
- Outside day work hours, and in the absence of Plant Management supervise the site operations, seeking to resolve problems, constraints and issues. Involve and deploy the appropriate functions, while referring serious situations to senior management for consultation.
- Implement and maintain a Training and Development Plan for each team member, which shows their skills profile and the training required to make them fully competent and flexible across all operations. Make training time available in shift with structure, focus and measurement.
- Lead and participate in CI projects, continually promoting the application of CI tools, techniques. Promote and facilitate “in shift” problem solving and engage all shift resources with continued focus on the reduction of all forms of Waste.
Candidates interested in applying for this position can request a full Role Profile and Application Form from the Human Resources Department.
To apply for this position please forward your application to email@example.com
Apply for this job