Wednesday, 18 March 2020
At Knauf Insulation, our top priorities are ensuring people’s safety and serving our customers in the best way possible.
Following the ongoing developments in relation to the Coronavirus and the latest advice from the UK Government, we are writing to update you on some of the actions we are taking to ensure business continuity and maintaining our service levels during this challenging time:
- Our usual channels of communication remain open; you can reach your Knauf Insulation contacts by phone, email or our website.
- Our Sales and Technical Support Teams remain in place to support you. The Technical Support Team are contactable on the usual email address and telephone number.
- We have equipped all our office-based employees to enable them to work from home for as long as the Government advice remains in place.
- We continue to manufacture and supply our high quality products from our three plants in the UK, working closely with our supply chain and logistics partners.
We will continue to monitor the situation, follow directives from the Government and update you as the situation develops.
We recognise that there are testing times ahead for everyone as we all deal with this unprecedented challenge. Please rest assured that we will take all necessary steps to prioritise people’s safety whilst maintaining the high level of service you expect from Knauf Insulation.
Wednesday, 04 March 2020
Supply and business continuity
At present, we do not foresee any supply issues for any of our customers in relation to the Coronavirus. All our products for the UK and Ireland are manufactured in the UK and we do not currently see any immediate issues in our supply chain.
We are monitoring and reviewing the situation on a daily basis and actively working on business continuity plans that exceed Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and World Health Organisation (WHO) guidance to help reduce the risk of any supply issues. We will advise of any change that could affect you.
Limiting the spread of the Coronavirus
Our current policy is to follow and in, some cases, go beyond the FCO and WHO / NHS guidance so to limit catching and spreading the virus which includes:
- Restricting international travel to business critical trips only and restricting travellers to the minimum number possible
- When business critical:
- Prohibiting travel to / from countries and areas as listed by the FCO as Category 1.
- Severely restricting travel to and from any countries or areas designated a Category 2 by the FCO and advising travelers accordingly which includes self-isolating as appropriate
- Cancelling conferences and other large gatherings requiring international travel
- Restricting UK conferences and other large gatherings to only those critical for business needs and to be attended by only those absolutely necessary
- Referencing WHO and NHS guidance to inform all our employees on:
- how to limit the risk of catching the virus,
- the symptoms and what to do if these symptoms appear and
- how to avoid spreading the virus including social distancing and self-isolating as appropriate
If you have any concerns regarding Knauf Insulation personnel continuing to visit any of your premises or sites please inform us via email: safetyfirst.KINE@knaufinsulation.com
For additional information, please see the following links:
FCO Travel Advice