This CPD will guide you through the changes in the regulatory landscape of construction in Scotland. These changes are across several related technical handbooks within the Scottish building regulations, covering Section 2 – Fire, Section 3 – Environment and Section 6 – Energy. They apply across both domestic and non-domestic buildings.
Combined, the changes encourage a more holistic approach to design, construction, and selection of materials to meet the challenge of creating a low-carbon, sustainable and healthy built environment now and in the future.
- Overview of current and future changes to regulations
- Key updates to regulations, includes Section 6 - Energy for domestic and non-domestic buildings and Section 2 – Fire
- New and proposed regulations, includes Section 3 - Environment Standard 3.28 Overheating and New Build Heat Standard in 2024
- Emerging common themes and what they indicate
- What the changes mean for product selection