ApplicationTimber frame walls, Pitched roofs at rafter level
MaterialGlass Mineral Wool
Earthwool FrameTherm Slab 38 are non-combustible Glass Mineral Wool slabs, manufactured using our revolutionary ECOSE® Technology and are designed for use in timber frame applications between studwork.Slabs are manufactured with a width of 570mm to suit studs spaced at 600mm centres.
- Excellent thermal performance.
- Non-combustible A1 Euroclass Reaction to Fire classification
- Excellent sound absorption characteristics
- Slabs accommodate movements in timber frame
- Friction fitting between timber studs closes joints, and prevents air movement
- Much quicker to install than rigid foam boards
- Manufactured to 570mm wide to allow friction fitting between timber studs at 600mm centres
|Thickness (mm)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Thermal Conductivity (W/mK)||R-Value (M²K/W)||Euroclass Reaction to Fire Classification||Facing||Area Per Pack (M²)||Area per Pallet (M²)|
Certification & Memberships
We care for the people who make our products, the people who use them and the world we all depend on.
Whilst we are dedicated to supplying sustainable high performance insulation solutions for enhanced energy efficiency in buildings, we also continually strive for improvements in our manufacturing and supply chain operations so to improve quality and minimise our impact on the environment. All Knauf Insulation production locations have state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and meet the highest quality standards as well as they are supported by an ongoing research and development program. All of our products including Earthwool FrameTherm Slab 38 are sustainably manufactured.
At Knauf Insulation, we have 7 key sustainability considerations:
- to conserve natural resources
- to reduce the evironmental effects of our own processes
- Treating people fairly, along the supply chain
- Delivering our products efficiently
- Building a comfortable and healthy indoor environment
- Performance reporting
- ECOSE® Technology
ECOSE® Technology is our revolutionary sustainable bio-based binder used in the manufacture of all of our glass mineral wool products, and the majority of our rock mineral wool products. invented nearly 10 years ago, it is not only unique, but very much central to our sustainability strategy. Our ECOSE® Technology is present in Earthwool FrameTherm Slab 38 and is just another key benefit of our products.
ECOSE® Technology has 5 key benefits
- A natural binder
- A lower embodied energy
- Proven durability
- Optimum indoor air comfort
- Easy to handle
The download url has been copied to your clipboard