ApplicationFire Protection, Ductwork
MaterialRock Mineral Wool
Fire-teK BD 917 is a non-combustible, rigid Rock Mineral Wool slab reinforced with an aluminium foil facing to one side, for use in the fire protection of HVAC steel ductwork for up to 120 minutes.
- Non-combustible with a melting point in excess of 1000°C
- Provide up to 2 hours fire protection to steel ductwork.
- Applied in a single thickness
- Slabs are faced with a reinforced aluminium foil, making it suitable for applications above clean rooms, within air plenums or for aesthetic purposes.
- The fixing system of welded pins and square edge butt joints gives a fast and simple system
|Thickness (mm)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Euroclass Reaction to Fire Classification||Facing||Area Per Pack (M²)||Area per Pallet (M²)|
Certification & Memberships
We care for the people who make our products, the people who use them and the world we all depend on.
Whilst we are dedicated to supplying sustainable high performance insulation solutions for enhanced energy efficiency in buildings, we also continually strive for improvements in our manufacturing and supply chain operations so to improve quality and minimise our impact on the environment. All Knauf Insulation production locations have state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and meet the highest quality standards as well as they are supported by an ongoing research and development program. All of our products including Fire-teK BD 917 are sustainably manufactured.
At Knauf Insulation, we have 7 key sustainability considerations:
- to conserve natural resources
- to reduce the evironmental effects of our own processes
- Treating people fairly, along the supply chain
- Delivering our products efficiently
- Building a comfortable and healthy indoor environment
- Performance reporting
The download url has been copied to your clipboard