ApplicationGreen Roofs & Walls
MaterialRock Mineral Wool
The Urbanscape® Green Roof System is an innovative, lightweight system using our high performance, specially designed non-combustible Rock Mineral Wool needle-felt insulation as a growing medium, and a replacement for traditional substrates. The system offers high water retention capacity, and is designed specifically for green roofs on residential, non-residential and industrial buildings in urban areas.
- Urbanscape® Green Roll is non-combustible
- 'Needle Felt' technology provides excellent water absorption for improved growing conditions.
- Holds up to 3-4 times more water per its volume than other green roof substrates
- 8-10 times lighter than regular green roof substrates
- Lightweight nature ensures significantly lower labour during installation.
- Performance Evaluation Tool (PET) helps designers and urban planners to understand the real performance of the roof.
|Thickness (mm)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Area Per Pack (M²)||Area per Pallet (M²)||Height (mm)|
|20||3500||1000||3.5000||Supplied in Individual Rolls||-|
Certification & Memberships
We care for the people who make our products, the people who use them and the world we all depend on.
Whilst we are dedicated to supplying sustainable high performance insulation solutions for enhanced energy efficiency in buildings, we also continually strive for improvements in our manufacturing and supply chain operations so to improve quality and minimise our impact on the environment. All Knauf Insulation production locations have state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and meet the highest quality standards as well as they are supported by an ongoing research and development program. All of our products including Urbanscape® Green Roof are sustainably manufactured.
At Knauf Insulation, we have 7 key sustainability considerations:
- to conserve natural resources
- to reduce the evironmental effects of our own processes
- Treating people fairly, along the supply chain
- Delivering our products efficiently
- Building a comfortable and healthy indoor environment
- Performance reporting