Noise pollution costs Europe £24Bn every year in lost productivity, health costs and impaired learning.
That’s why acoustic design of buildings is becoming increasingly important. Approved Document E and other guidance specifies minimum levels of sound insulation performance for building elements.
This CPD will give attendees a greater appreciation of the science of sound transfer, an overview of various standards and sound insulation test methods, and a range of solutions to improve the sound insulation performance of their buildings.
- The science of how sound travels
- The variety of sound pressures on a building
- Standards and regulations which apply to sound insulation
- How sound insulation is measured
- Various solutions to improve sound insulation performance
- How sound absorbent mineral wool contributes towards high levels of sound insulation
This CPD aims to provide specifiers with sufficient knowledge of sound transfer and a variety of methods to improve sound insulation to inform material specification decisions.
It demonstrates how sound absorbent mineral wool can play a critical role as part of an effective strategy to improve sound insulation performance of roofs, walls and floors.