This CPD aims to provide sufficient knowledge of Reaction to Fire ratings to inform material specification decision and demonstrates how material choice plays a critical role as part of an effective fire safety strategy.
- The difference between Reaction to Fire and Fire Resistance
- The importance of the Reaction to Fire Classification System
- The key changes to the UK fire regulations
- How insulation products are tested and classified
- Where specifiers can find Fire Classification of insulation products
- The differences between the various classifications used within the European Reaction to Fire Classification System
- How specifiers can minimise risk through material choice