We care for the people who make our products, the people who use them and the world we all depend on
Whilst we are dedicated to supplying sustainable high performance insulation solutions for enhanced energy efficiency in buildings, we also continually strive for improvements in our manufacturing and supply chain operations so to improve quality and minimise our impact on the environment. All Knauf Insulation production locations have state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and meet the highest quality standards as well as they are supported by an ongoing research and development program.
As the market leader and a non-stop innovator, quality excellence and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do:
- Quality standards: we have achieved two of the most important International Management Standards for sustainability. ISO 14001 - ISO 14006 - ISO 50001 - ISO 9001.
- Recycled content: our Glass Mineral Wool insulation products contain up to 80% of recycled materials, which is fed into the furnace and then melted with other raw materials.
- Bio-based binder: Our revolutionary sustainable bio-based binder, called ECOSE® Technology, is used to bind all our Glass Mineral Wool products and nearly all of our Rock Mineral Wool products.
- Packaging compression: Over the years, we have developed the most advanced compression packaging technology in the industry. Our compression process is enabling us to load more products onto each truck, which means less packaging used, fewer vehicles on our roads, and reduced transport related carbon emissions.
- Responsible sourcing: We work with our customers and suppliers to help them reduce their impact on the environment. In 2017, we achieved BES6001 Accreditation for responsible sourcing for both our Glass and Rock Mineral Wool production across all of our UK sites
- Independent verified products’ environmental credentials (EPDs): We have had external assessments carried out on the environmental effect associated with the manufacture of our products and consequently we have Life Cycle Assessments and Environmental Product Declarations for all Glass and Rock Mineral Wool products.
- A+ Green Guide Rating: The majority of our products, both Glass and Rock Mineral Wool fall into the A+ category of the BRE Green Guide Rating.